This past week was my first birthday. I actually had no idea, but I thought something was up when my Uncle Alex and his girlfriend Caroline showed up!

Then...Mom & Dad starting acting a little strange. First, Daddy went on this huge baking bonanza and kept having me try this blue stuff called 'frosting' to see if I would like it. It wasn't cold, so I was confused why it was called 'frosting', but nonetheless, I was hooked! Here's Daddy in the midst of the baking:

Then, the morning of my birthday, Mommy got all excited and started telling me the story of my birth. Then, she dressed me up in a new outfit. I thought I was particularly suave:

...but the thing that really got me thinking was when a bunch of people starting showing up at my house including all my little friends. Here's a picture of my buddies Aaron (left) and Colin (center) trying to fly my airplane. I kept trying to tell Colin that he was on the plane backwards, but he wouldn't listen...

So! It was really my birthday! The house was decorated, and everyone was so excited. Mom even got me a birthday hat! I wasn't a big fan of the hat at first:

Those things are itchy! So, we took off the hat, and Mom put me down in my seat. I thought,
"finally... I'm starving, some grilled cheese sounds good." To my surprise though, there was no food in front of me. And to make matters worse, all these people starting singing to me and Mom put
FIRE in front of me! It was kind of scary at first, until I realized that the fire was just a birthday candle and the people were just wishing me happy birthday with the happy birthday song. Here's a pic of my frightened look

Now, I'm allergic to eggs, so there were two cakes. One for the adults, and one for me. Can you guess which is which???


At first, I was a little confused by the enormity of the cake in front of me...but after a while, I was going to town:

but no one told me that too much cake might make your tummy ache:

I overheard Daddy talking to Mom afterwards about me being right handed. Apparently, I used that hand to eat the frosting and put the leftovers on the side of my chair. Here's the aftermath:

For those extreme fans of my blog - here's a short clip of my cake eating experience:
Overall, it was a great birthday. I did have a bit of a runny nose during the whole thing, but I man'd up for the event!
The next day, Mom, Uncle A, and Caroline all went downtown. It was a bit chilly, so we had our hats on. Here's me and the Seattle crew in front of Buckingham fountain.