Monday, December 1, 2008

Trip to Dallas

For my 9th state, why not visit the great state of Texas.

We started off early in the morning at Midway airport. Who would have thought that Nuts on Clark would be popping popcorn at 8 AM? Regardless, my obsession with popcorn began:
Mom and Dad had to tear me away just to get me on the plane, but once I was there, I was a happy camper. Here's me and Daddy 0n the plane:

(Yes, Dad made me throw this picture on the blog because he was jealous of Mommy's plane picture that I put on the blog 2 months earlier)

Daddy says there are lots of reasons to go to Texas.
Reason #1: My Daddy's is from there, and he says that in order to truly understand him, you have to see where his family is from. (yeah right, like I'll ever truly understand Dad!)
Reason #2: My Aunts! My Uncle G was getting married. I was getting a new Aunt!!!

Here's the happy couple here above. I gave Aunt Carlie the honor of giving me my first bottle in the state of Texas. To celebrate this occasion, Mom brought out my trusty Longhorn Bib.
Reason #2b: Speaking of Aunts, I hadn't met my Aunt Shir. She's married to Uncle Louis and is from Israel.

Trust me folks. You'll never feel safer than in the arms of a former Israeli Tank Commander! Also, I hadn't met my older cousin Itay. I can tell we are going to be good buddies:
Reason #3: I still had one other Great-Grandmother to meet! Bebe's Mother. This is my Dad's Mom's Mom (for those of you in Sweden: Far Mor Mor).

Four generations of the family right here!

Reason #4: Fried chicken and Mexican food! I'll have to take Daddy's word for it since right now, I'm living on cereal, mashed veggies, and milk.

However, I did get to meet the family daschund, Murphy. She turned 14 years old while we were there. I'm still not sure if she is bigger than me or not, but regardless, I think we were both curious about eachother.
Some other highlights from the trip. Grandma came in town (Mom's mom), and we got to hang...

Also, here's me and Zayde:
Me and Uncle Louis:

and here is the 'Zayde' pic. It's Zayde (Gary Solomon) with his grandson Asher as well as me with my Zayde.

There were so many other pictures of me with family that I couldn't put them all up, but stay tuned to a link of all pictures from Thanksgiving!