Friday, January 23, 2009

The Arts, Sciences, and Culture

In my 9 months of existence, my parents have instilled a sense of pride in the fact that I come from very different and unique families. On my mother's side, I have Swedish noble glory that dates back to the 17th century, as well east coast Pennsylvania pride. On my dad's side, I'm from a long line of Eastern European jewish families that worked very hard to get their ancestors to the United States. Because of this, I feel a need to get acquainted with all cultures, religions, and views, and of course while doing this, I should sample some of the fine culture and culinary tastes.

I've learned that you really don't have to go far to learn some of the basics. Here's a few lessons, I have learned so far.
Lesson 1: Nothing beats a fine Italian meal - Gustare!
This was a sampling of the finest Alphabet pasta and peas homeade by my mother. I have to admit a majority of it fell to the floor, but it was amazing, nonetheless!

Lesson 2: Try to get front row at any concert
I just love Daddy's concerts... at least for the first 15 seconds anyway. :)

Lesson 3: There are many forces of nature that defy gravity, static electricity being one of them!

Lesson #4: If you are going to participate, do it 100%.
For example, we spent one night of Hannukkah at our neighbors to celebrate Christmas with them. I'm definintely a fan of the xmas tree, there's just too many colors not to like that! Lance (our neighbor) got us all Christmas poppers. These little English trinkets are given out on this holiday and have little toys inside, plus a colorful crown you can wear! Ofcourse, I had to take the burnt ORANGE one! (it was a little itchy though!)